Wednesday, December 28, 2011

After the Fact- Loss, Confusion, Where to go from Here.

Hey all.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas season. I did, Santa was very kind to me. As I started writing this post, I was going to write about something personal to me, and then I realized that a tragedy had struck another person. Just now I realized that writing about it would ber incredible insensitive- so I will say only this, that to lose someone very close to you would and does hurt more than I can even fathom. I deflated a bit when I read the obituary, hoping it wasn't true. But I think it is, and my heart goes out to my friend. And now, that revelation will make my following seem shallow and self serving. but I don't know who to vent to- except the souless internet.

My problem is I have met a very nice person, and I don't know how to proceed. Two disclosures right now- I feel like an ass writing this after learning about death, and eagle-eyed readers will know who I am talking about. I met this person, adn we were so similar, it was almost eerie in a sixth sense way. But also eerie, good. Here was a person who I could confide in, knowing they had the same problems as me. It was great, how simpatico we were. Here's the thing- by current society standards of the teenage group, we are already an "item'. We should be going out, beign steady, hell, I should have kissed her by now. Is this a case of me being too nervous, and I should have just taken the plunge, trust my instincts? Or is it perfectly okay to be more than friends, but not in a romantic sense? Additonally, how does new technology play into this? I want to send her a request on facebook to make it 'facebook offish' but is that really necessary for a relationship? Oh, look, honey, this is the anniversary of our facebook notification of being together! Even as I type them, the words sound stupid to me. I have no clue, other than the fact that I hope I don't mess it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment